Our friend Rob from Ireland has been busy in his Emerald Kitchen creating this impressive stack of Sweet Potato Brownies! If you have 30 minutes spare and feel like getting naughty in the kitchen, try your hand at these moorish brownies – making use of our new Zero Calorie Syrups, Coconut Oil and Cacao Powder.
How impressive can you make your stack, stack?
1) Preheat oven to 180C. Line a small cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2) Place your dates (or raisins) in a bowl and cover with boiling water, leave to soak
3) In a medium mixing bowl, combine the soft, baked flesh of the sweet potato with the oat flour and mix well
4) Drain the soaked dates, blend until smooth and add to the mix
5) Add the maple syrup and coconut oil, followed by the milk and mix until you have a homogenous mix
6) Spoon into your pre-lined tin (or bake in individual muffins!) and bake for about 25 minutes – until a knife stuck into the centre comes out clean.
7) CRUCIAL STEP: be patient! Allow your brownies to cool for as long as you can resist them, this will allow them to firm-up and become even gooier and fudge-like. To take these to the next level, spread some peanut butter on top and devour.
Try the recipe yourself! Post a picture of your creation to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @bulkpowders #bulkbakes