When choosing a Diet Protein Shake, your first question will probably be – is it suitable for women? Or is it suitable for men? The good news is, it’s suitable for BOTH!
Protein for women doesn’t exist, protein is protein. Ours is sourced from Europe’s leading dairy, derived from grass fed cows. Once we receive the protein in its raw form, we formulate the product to our high standards by using research proven dosages. Months of work goes into perfecting each formula. Once ready, this is blended in-house, put into pouches and placed on our shelves ready for sale.
So what makes Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED a better choice than PhD Diet Whey and Protein World Slender Blend?
||BULK POWDERS™ Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED (per serving)
||PhD Diet Whey (per serving)
||Protein World Slender Blend (per serving)
||WPC / Milk Protein / Egg White Powder
||WPC / Milk Protein / Soya Protein Isolate
||1600mg (Clarinol® CLA Powder)
|Green Tea Extract
||Flaxseed Powder (750mg)
The Protein Blend
Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED contains a high quality protein blend consisting of Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Concentrate and Egg White Powder.
Why have we selected these sources of protein?
- They complement each other so well in terms of amino acid profiles – providing you with a rich supply of a full spectrum of amino acids.
- They complement each other with regards to digestion rates – providing you with a spectrum of digestion speeds – fast, medium and slow.
This combination of factors allows your body to be supplied with a range of amino acids over a much more prolonged period of time (from within 30 minutes of consuming the shake).
We also tell you the ratio of each protein source which most diet protein shakes won’t do (what are they trying to hide?) – Whey Protein Concentrate (50%), Milk Protein Concentrate (35%) and Egg White Powder (15%).
PhD Diet Whey Blend
PhD Diet Whey combines 3 protein sources, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Concentrate and Soya Protein Isolate. Soya Protein Isolate is often regarded as an inferior protein source due to its bioavailability, taste and amino acid profile. In addition, it has been linked to rising oestrogen levels due to the plant oestrogens.
Soya Protein is often also referred to as a cheaper protein source, which may also be seen as less desirable.
In addition, PhD do not declare the amount that each protein source contributes to the product.
The amount of protein per serving
Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED delivers a whopping 40g protein per serving. This is far superior to PhD Diet Whey with just 17g.
Research studies have shown that for CLA to be effective, a minimum of 3.2g is required daily. This can be in the form of two protein shakes during the day, each with 1.6g.
Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED has the required 1.6g and, more importantly, uses the highest quality CLA on the market – Clarinol®. This premium patented form is not used in PhD Diet Whey whilst CLA is non existent in Protein World’s Slender Blend.
Research suggests that Clarinol® CLA Powder helps in the reduction of brown adipose tissue (fat) and an increase in lean body mass.
Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED has a market leading 750mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine per serving, a significantly higher dosage than PhD Diet Whey.
Acetyl L-Carnitine can help with the metabolism of fat and is thought to improve the rate of fat oxidation. This makes it a powerful combination alongside Clarinol® CLA. Both are available to buy at BULK POWDERS™ in their raw form as well as in our popular diet protein blend.
Green Tea Extract Powder is a superior quality form of Green Tea and a potent source of polyphenols. Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED has more per recommended serving than both PhD Diet Whey and Slender Blend.
Glucomannan is a really good addition to our Diet Protein Shake which others neglect. This ingredient has been proven to help with weight loss and is often used to increase the feeling of satiety/fullness. Glucomannan will also help maintain normal blood cholesterol levels and improve gut and bowel health. You can find it in our fantastic Diet Noodles which have just 6 calories per serving!
Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED has more calories per serving than PhD Diet Whey and Protein World Slender Blend but there’s good reason for this.
1. The serving size is much bigger (i.e. 60g compared with 25g).
2. Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED is a blend of fast and slow release proteins. This means you’ll feel full for 5-6 hours after drinking it (especially with the aid of Glucomannan on top). You might wish to consider using Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED as a meal replacement for this reason. Protein World’s Slender Blend isn’t a blend of proteins, it’s Whey Concentrate. You won’t feel full for hours after drinking it.
3. Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED is only 220 calories per serving (pretty low considering you’ll be aiming for 2000+ in a typical day). You’ll snack less by supplementing with it because one shake will make you feel full. This is ideal on a calorie restricted diet.
4. Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED has just 3.9g carbs (3.6g sugars) and 4.8g fat per serving. With awesome macros, you’re onto a winner!
So as you can see, if you’re looking to buy a Diet Protein Shake, Complete Diet Protein™ ADVANCED must be on your shopping list. A superior formula compared to other popular diet protein on the market from just 90p per serving.